Tuesday, February 17

Teairra Mari w/ The Comeback?


Teairra Mari - Hunt For You (feat. Pleasure P)


I never really heard much about her after "Make Her Feel Good" & now its been 4 years since she dropped an album but Im sure theres room for you still...

I always seem to questioned what sets an artist apart from another...I mean she came out around the same time Rihanna did, so what was so different? Was Rihanna more marketable bc she had that West Indian flair and Teairra was just another pretty black girl singing,or maybe it was the timing,there are so many questions...heres a breif interview back in Dec.

She’s Built For This: The Comeback of Teairra Mari'

Livesteez: You guys leaked a song called "Built for This". Is that the new single?

Teairra: "Built for this" is not the first single, but it is an expression of everything that’s going on in my situation right now. It’s me getting something off of my chest. If you have haters then dedicate that song to them.

Livesteez: You were touted as the first lady of Rockafella when you first came out, but then you were randomly dropped not too long after your first album came out. What happened?

Teairra: To be honest, I was asking myself the same question. For a long time, I kind of just put together in my head that it’s just business. The [first] song did well, yeah. The second single did not do well. Album sales did not do so well, so it was business at the end of the day. So, no matter kind of relationship or friendship I thought I had with those people at Def Jam, I really didn’t. It was business. That’s the only thing that I can sum it up to be. Nothing else really happened.

Livesteez: Did you feel like other artists were receiving more attention that you?

Teairra: I feel like we all got proper attention. I feel like there were some bad decisions made with my project, but I don’t feel like they were putting their focus more on this or that. I feel like we all got equal attention.

Ofcourse she would say that.. you have to be professional, but at the end of the day she didnt get the attention she needed..& Rihanna popped out singles back to back giving her that leverage that she has now..it happens with alot of artists. & when ur only as famous as ur first hit & there arent anymore to follow up with it & the money stops coming...ur dropped. its the music biz..So lets see what happens with her deal with Warner Bros.

No comments: