Monday, December 1

The End of the Year Is Here

So December has arrived, its the end of 2008 and Im in a reflecting mood.
Thoughts cross my mind about where my life would be in the yr O'Eight, what I was suppose to have accomplished.etc.
But now its back to reality and none of it has gone as planned.

4 years have gone by since I graduated high school & this yr should have been my last.
Unfortunetely life throws things in your path that you dont expect.
Especially mine.
I use to be hung up on the whole graduation timing thing,
but everything happens for a reason and I truely believe that.

Within these 4 years..Ive been enrolled in two different universities but I think Im finally on track. Despite the hangups of being an unfulfilled undergrad at Kean to becoming familiar with the "RU Screw", sabotaging my hard earned credits..so back to Kean I go ツ
Surprisingly I'm content, because this was a decision based on what I wanted.
No more stressing the name that will appear on my diploma but rather focusing on moving on with my life & finishing what I started.

I had plans, had my life mapped out at the age of 11 until 25.
Sad, yes.. but true.
But ask me if I would do that again now at 23 and I can't, I won't.
Life is so unpredicatable and so am I..
Hot and cold, carefree and uptight.
The older I get the more I care less to plan ahead.
It use to frighten me not knowing or having an idea of the future.
I guess that stems back from my childhood and being surrounded by uncertainty and disfunction..that I've become some what of a perfectionist.
I'm growing into my own skin slowly but surely, accepting life and everything that goes "wrong" in it, its liberating.

And now its almost time to think of New Year's resolutions,
I use to make a short list but this year I only have one idea.
To Accept & embrace change...better yet..Become change.
In every aspect of myself and my views..
I admire those who think outside of the box..& have no problem with taking risks
But sometimes its hard to break out of old habits.
Im trying day by day.
I guess thats the only thing I can do.. Let go and Let God.♥

|v|

No comments: